Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's The Bees Knees


I was digging around the This Old House website and came across this mason bee house.  Apparently these bees are non-stinging and pollinate with the best of them.  Here's the Wikipedia entry for mason bees:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_bee

This things just looks really cool.  I know my wife is going to want one.  Would probably be a neat project to do with kids too.  I read in the reviews on the TOH website that the bee house is smaller than it appears in the picture so be aware of that if you order one.  Once I get my bee house, I'll let you know how it works.

It looks like bee house pictured above is listed on Amazon but is unavailable (Mason Bee House) but they do have a couple of different designs here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment